Saturday, October 11, 2014

THE FAULT IN OUR STARS by John Green



John Green, The Fault In Our Stars (Dutton Books, 2012). 

Also available in paperback and for Kindle and Nook. There is a movie version of the book (starring Shailene Woodley, , ) as well as a one minute, 33 second video of the author at

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0525478817/ref=dp_proddesc_1?ie=UTF8&n=283155.


(Non-Fiction)

Recommended by Kevin A. Penrod, Jr.



This book is the best and most honest story of love and loss that I have ever read. It centers around a girl, Hazel Grace, who suffers from terminal cancer in her lungs. She is somewhat of a cynic that is until she runs into Augustus Waters at a cancer kid support group. And with that John Green takes us on a ride that, I believe, will last through the generations. Even with the inevitable conclusion that we are gonna come to the death of someone too young, I found myself unable to put this book down due to the amazing love story unfolding. I also found that this book teaches you to enjoy this life we have and the little moments of joy in it. A quote from this book that will always stick with me is "some infinities are bigger than others."

I highly recommend this book to all fans of love stories, young and old. I can't say this enough: The Fault in Our Stars is one of my favorite books and maybe the top love story I have ever read.








No comments:

Post a Comment